Vegetables get a bad rap, don’t they? They can be bland, yet colorful, little carriers of vital vitamins and nutrients, yet so few of us eat enough of them!
I have discovered that one way to make your vegetables a bit more exciting is by grilling them.
“But, but…I am poor and I don’t have a grill!” <– yes, I can hear your whining through the blog page.
Don’t fear if you’re poor and don’t have a grill! Or, if you’re poor and don’t have the *space* for a full sized grill. I match BOTH of the above descriptions! Yay! We have something in common, and since we do, please go ahead and click to subscribe to this blog. SHAMELESS PLUG!
Now that you’re back from subscribing, I’d like to introduce you to a new method of grilling: the stove top pan grill.
There are two basic types: (neither of these links are currently sponsored, FYI)
The Long Daddy:
You can buy this one by clicking here.
Or, there’s this one:
Full disclosure: I made those daddy names up. No one else calls pans “daddies.”
Using one of those grill pans, you can grill up some tasty vegetables. Below, I will share what I grilled up, but you can feel free to grill vegetables of your choice.
BASIC ASS GRILLED VEGETABLES
- Sturdy vegetables (check your fridge and see what you’ve got!)
- A splash of water or chicken stock
- Vegetable oil (preferably NOT olive oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut vegetables into similar sizes and shapes. I had zucchini, orange bell pepper, and asparagus on hand.
2. Combine vegetables into a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Be very liberal with your seasoning. Add enough oil to coat the vegetables.
3. Arrange (artfully!) onto the indoor grill pan. After the vegetables have grilled for a few moments, you can add a splash of chicken stock or water to help them soften a bit.Grill the vegetables, turning them about every 2 minutes, until there are visible grill marks and they are done to your liking.
NOTE: heat your grill pan for approximately 3 minutes, or until it is slightly smoking, before adding your vegetables.
Enjoy with your choice of protein or on a bed of rice.
One Comment Add yours
Those vegetables looks awesome!! I almost can taste them 😋 I already have the grill thingy so I’ll pull it out and dust it off and make myself some grilled vegetables!
Great ass recipe and instructions!
Beautiful presentation 👍🏼
LikeLiked by 1 person