Have you been eating poorly? Would you like to redeem yourself (and give your tummy a break) by cooking a fast and healthy(ish) meal?
Yes, this blog post will help you prepare an entire MEAL for yourself, not just a dish! And, if you decide to watch me make this meal in the video below, you’ll also treat yourself to a little chatting while I chop and do other things to prepare the meal to be eaten.
CHOP N CHAT SALMON, SPINACH, AND CARROT MUSH
Ingredients: (this is a loose list)
- a serving of salmon
- a serving of spinach
- a serving of carrots
- pumpkin pie seasoning or cinnamon (or other warm spices)
- a serving of onions, chopped
- a serving of garlic, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter or ghee for frying onions and mixing into the carrots
- a teaspoon or so of brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste, throughout the recipe
- Put a pot of water on to begin boiling. Use this water to steam your carrots.
- Chop and put the carrots into the steamer basket. Cover the pot with a lid. Steam until soft.
- Chop your onion. Add to pot with melted butter or ghee. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt to soften.
- Add your salmon on top of the onions. Season with salt and pepper. Add about 1/4 cup of water to create steam for the food to cook.
- Rinse and add the spinach on top of the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the pot of food with the lid. Cook until done.
- Drain the carrots. Mix in butter, salt, pepper, pumpkin spice seasonings, and brown sugar. Mash and stir to combine.
Check out the video below to watch me chop and chat my way through this delicious lunch: