Salmon? Can your broke ass even afford salmon?
If you can, then this recipe is for you. If you can’t, then save up for a few weeks, like I had to do, and then cook this shit up!
I cooked this basic ass salmon today in under 30 minutes. You can, too. Check out the recipe below!
BASIC ASS OVEN ROASTED SALMON
- Salmon (mine was cut into approximately 3-4 ounce pieces)
- Onions (one quarter of a large one, slivered, and totally optional)
- Approximately 1 teaspoon of salt (distribute evenly)
- Approximately 1/2 teaspoon of pepper (distribute evenly)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (distribute evenly)
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder (distribute evenly)
- Approximately 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil or butter (yes, distribute evenly)
- 1 big ass piece of foil or parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Place salmon pieces into a piece of foil large enough to encase the fish into a fishy envelope. Skin side should be down. See pic below, if you’re too basic to figure this out.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder.
- Slice onions and artfully arrange on top, or just thrown them in a heap, like I did.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and fold edges of foil together to create a fishy packet.
6. Bake at 400 F for approximately 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish. If the top is opaque, the fish should be done.
Don’t over bake your salmon. It will be unpleasant and disgusting, just like your last roommate.