Quickies? Bad for the love dungeon, good for the kitchen.
Despite the vague name associated with this recipe, I actually researched how to make a fast pasta recipe (perhaps I can coin the term “fasta” for “fast pasta”) that was flavorful and with few ingredients. After perusing a few Ina Garten (the queen) recipes, I developed this take on her 3-ingredient pasta.
Feel free to swap a few ingredients, use whatever type of pasta you have on hand, or make this recipe your own.
Pasta with a Few Ingredients
Ingredients (makes 1-2 servings)
- 1 serving of pasta (view package guidance)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped, minced, or grated
- 4-5 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan
- 2-3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A scant splash of heavy cream (optional)
- Boil water for the pasta. Cook in heavily salted water, according to package directions. Reserve some of the cooking liquid before draining.
- Chop or mince garlic very finely.
- Grate parmesan cheese.
- Drain pasta (leave a small bit of water in the pot) and return to the stove.
- Add butter to the pan and allow to melt.
- Add garlic to the butter and pasta. Cook and toss until fragrant and softened, approximately 2 minutes.
- Mix in parmesan cheese. Add a splash of pasta cooking water if the mixture is too thick.
- Add splash of heavy cream (optional).
- Stir to combine and enjoy!
Watched me make this recipe here: