Kale? Spinach? Together? YES!
Get ready to get your Popeye the Sailor Man strength game up with this salad.
I have not been eating *the best* and most healthy food lately. I mean, who has? If you are not currently stress eating, then good for you, I guess. I have to say that I have done my fair share of stress eating lately. If you are reading this in the future and wondering what I am talking about, just perform a Google search (or whatever you guys have in the distant future) and look up “January 2021” or “the year 2020.” Then, you’ll understand the horror in which the world exists right now.
But enough doom and gloom and instructions to future generations! Let’s get into this salad!
I used things that I already had on hand, so the list below is just a guide. Use whatever salad toppings you like.
KALE AND SPINACH SALAD
Ingredients (makes 1 very hearty serving; ingredients list is intentionally vague):
- 1 large stalk of kale
- 1 big handful of spinach
- 1 piece of old ass bread
- 1/2 cucumber
- A few small tomatoes
- A small handful of blueberries
- A bit of goat cheese
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- Dressing of your choice
- Protein of your choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and other seasonings for your protein
- Rinse and cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Dice and season the bread with oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme. Cook in butter over medium heat until brown to make the croutons. Set aside.
- Season the protein and cook until desired doneness, stove top. I used salmon, which I seasoned with Cajun seasoning and cooked over medium high heat until medium-well.
- Assemble the salad and top with the protein. Dress as you wish.
Watch me make this salad here: