This blog post is a wee bit late, but if you follow me on my YouTube channel, you have already enjoyed the recipe for this warm couscous salad!
Couscous is a delicious pasta that is very small. It looks a bit like large grains of rice, but it’s a tiny bit chewy, just like a perfectly cooked pasta. The green ingredient in this recipe is a fresh, cool cucumber, that is slightly warmed by adding it to the cooked couscous. This salad is great served with hot couscous, or you can let it all cool down and mellow together a bit and serve it at room temperature.
WARM COUSCOUS, CUCUMBER, AND TOMATO SALAD
Ingredients (makes about 2-3 generous servings):
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried couscous
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning (and some salt for your cooking water)
- Dried parsley (optional)
- Cut the couscous according to the package directions.
- Drain the couscous thoroughly.
- Mix chopped cucumber, tomato, salt, pepper, and oil together in a large bowl.
- Taste for seasoning, add more seasoning if necessary.
Top with dried parsley.
Watch me make this delicious and easy recipe here: