Did you know that you can make a turkey burger without an egg or breadcrumbs? It’s true. I wouldn’t lie to you about these things.
For today’s recipe, I made a super low carb turkey burger / patty and served it with sautéed spinach, tomatoes, lettuce, and avocado. The pictures that I took of this meal do not do its beauty justice. This was a lovely meal to eat with your eyes first and then your mouth parts.
LOW CARB TURKEY BURGERS WITH SAUTEED SPINACH & SALAD
Ingredients (makes approximately 2 lunch sized portions)
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 vidalia or white onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 a tomato
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 tablespoon high heat oil (like vegetable or avocado)
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs mix (like Herbs du Provence)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add half of the onion, 3 garlic cloves, and red pepper to food processor. Blitz until finely chopped (or manually chop until finely chopped).
- Add vegetable mix to ground turkey. Season with cajun seasoning and stir well to combine.
- Split turkey mixture into half. Form into patties.
- Cook patties over medium heat until done, approximately 7 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking.
- Chop remaining onion and garlic. Sautée over medium heat until softened, approximately 2 minutes.
- Wash spinach.
- Add washed spinach to onion mixture and season with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Toss until lightly wilted.
- Serve turkey burgers and sautéed spinach with chopped lettuce, tomato, and avocado.
Watch me make this recipe here: