Ah, coffee! That magical, ebony elixir that fuels creativity, insanity, and trips to the bathroom.
What if there was an easier, gentler way to get your caffeine fix?
Well, there is: it’s called MATCHA TEA.
Matcha tea is made of ground, whole green tea leaves. The tea leaves are ground into a silky powder that you simply stir into water and add milk, if you’d like.
You can use a bamboo whisk, as shown in the photo above, to mix your matcha tea. Or, you can use a conventional whisk. Just make sure to whisk long enough to fully dissolve the tea.
EASY MATCHA GREEN TEA LATTE
Ingredients (makes about 3 generous servings):
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar (optional)
- 6-8 ounces of freshly boiled water
- 1-2 ounces of oat, dairy, soy, or other milk (optional)
- Scoop the matcha into a heat proof bowl.
- Add the boiling water.
- Use a bamboo whisk to combine. Use a “w” motion to whisk the matcha until frothy.
- Add sugar and/or milk (optional) and stir.
Watch me make this simple, invigorating beverage here: