Pots. Simultaneously the joy and bane of my existence.
We need pots to cook food. But do you know what the worst part of a pot is? It must be cleaned!
In this recipe, I will teach you how to use ONE DOGGONE POT to make a delicious meal. And, there’s an added bonus: this meal is LOW CARB! Low carb and cooked in one pot? Sign me up!
Annnnd…it’s also GLUTEN FREE. Wait, is this some kind of sorcery? No, it’s just salmon and vegetables cooked in butter to make you feel better on the inside.
I was really impressed with how delicious and simple this recipe turned out. This recipe makes an entire meal for one and can easily be doubled if you have more folks to feed. Also, be adventurous! You can add other vegetables instead of the greens and mushrooms. Use what you have on hand.
SALMON WITH GREENS
- 1/4 cup of chopped white or yellow onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 serving of salmon (approximately 3 ounces)
- 2 cups of green vegetables
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add one tablespoon of butter to a non-stick or ceramic cast iron pot.
- Chop the onion into a small dice. Add to the pot and sprinkle over a pinch of salt. Stir.
- Chop the green vegetables. Add to the pot and stir.
- Chop and add the garlic to the pot. Stir. Add a splash of chicken stock or water if necessary.
- Chop and add the mushrooms to the pot. Stir.
- Spread the vegetables out on the bottom of the pot. Season the salmon and place two tablespoons on top. Place the fish on top of the vegetables and put a lid on the pot.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Cook until the salmon is cooked through and enjoy hot!
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel and watch a video of me preparing this dish!