Do you love butter?
How about shrimp?
I don’t even have to ask if you love pasta…right?
If you are craving something delicious, comforting, and gut busting, then you’ve clicked on the right recipe.
Today, I was craving something delicious, quick, easy, and healing. “Healing” is the word I am going to use instead of saying “fattening.” But, just between me and you, this recipe is totally fattening. You’ll want to eat it every day and if you do, as the great Tabitha Brown says: “That’s YOUR business.” No judgement from me.
With a few dairy staples (with an emphasis on freshly grated parmesan cheese, please!), you can enjoy this dish!
BASIC ASS CREAMY SHRIMP AND PASTA
Ingredients for 2 servings:
- 1/2 lb cleaned, deveined shrimp
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 servings of pasta of your choice
- 3 cups of spinach
- 5-6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3-4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning to taste
- Put the pasta on to boil, according to package directions. Always salt your water first to season the pasta while cooking.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to a pan over medium high heat. Melt the butter and add the diced onion. Sprinkle over a pinch of salt and stir. Cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add the garlic. Cook and stir until fragrant.
- Add the spinach. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat with the other ingredients and allow it to wilt. Add water or a splash of cream to the pot if necessary to deglaze the browned bits.
- Season the shrimp. Add to the pot. Cook on one side for 2 minutes. Turn over.
- Add the cream and stir everything together.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir.
- Drain the pasta (check to make sure it’s done first) and add it to the pot. Stir.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and dried or fresh parsley.
Watch me make this recipe here: