Small, simple cubes of seasoned bread that we pay extra money for, for some reason. When I learned that I could make my own croutons, I was *amazed.* I also began to save about $4 per month. For those mathematicians out there, I can’t confirm (since I’m bad at math), but I think that that’s almost a savings of $50 per year.
So, would you, too, like to save almost half the cost of your Amazon Prime membership per year by simply making your own croutons? If so, keep reading!
You can also check out my video showing how to make simple croutons here:
BASIC ASS CROUTONS
- A couple slices of bread
- Seasonings of your choice (I recommend dried herbs; I used Oregano, Thyme, and Parsley)
- 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat your oven to 350F.
- Stack the pieces of bread on top of each other.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Chop and add the mushrooms to the pot. Stir.
- Add the cubes to a bowl; pour over olive oil first.
- Add the seasonings. I used about 1 teaspoon of each kind of seasoning, but don’t get too obsessed over what kind or how much to use (within reason, of course).
- Toss, toss, toss it all together.
- Spread the bread cubes (they’re NOT croutons until they’re baked so don’t even think of calling them croutons yet) in an even layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake until desired doneness. I baked mine for about 10 minutes or so.